Saturday, October 29, 2016

birds

At the other house, I would spend many summer evenings 'stalking' the hummingbirds.  I never put up a regular bird feeder as I knew my dogs would just scare them away.  At this house, I have a big wooded front yard perfect for bird feeders.  And plenty of windows for stalking.
So now, I stalk year round.
I even had to get a bird identifying app on my phone so I could determine what I had visiting my feeder.
At first, the Cardinals only wanted the berries on the tree. But they eventually starting working on the seed.
 This is a Downy Woodpecker.  I think a female...new to this bird identification thing.
 The Tufted Titmouse stalks me right back..
 But gets her seed and flies away.
 I thought the squirrels would be more of an issue. I have squirrel proof feeders and scatter seed for them on the ground. So far, I haven't had any issues.  But they may be biding their time..

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Trina, Lovely photos.

I have a shepherd hook to put two feeders on. It will be the first time I have used it, so hope the birds like it.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Sue