Sunday, November 23, 2014

Giant among us

This weekend we watched our friend's greyhound, Boomer, and Great Dane, Maverick.  Having a Great Dane in the house is definitely different.  He is sweet and laid back but lacks the finesse and lightfootedness of a greyhound. 
 And did I mention he's huge? (Yes, when it's chilly outside Cody gets to play in his PJs.  I was never allowed to do this but I figure it is OK for him to do)
He towers over Roxi and outweighs her by easily 5X..but they insisted on trying to play indoors.  Not a good idea
It was funny to watch them all play.  Maverick would also be going the wrong direction and in the wrong part of the yard from the 'action'.
 And it definitely sounded like a  herd of horses when he came through.
 But he was very good and very sweet.  He can't help he is a horse.  Boomer didn't know what to think of the playing so he stayed on the sidelines and watched.  But he did enjoy the post game cookie time
 For those in the US, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

6 comments:

Hazel said...

I'm so glad that you took action photos of the differences between the different dogs! I can only imagine the Dane in your house!

Sue said...

Maverick is such a handsome lad. Nice to see them all playing.

Hope you've had a nice weekend and you have a good week. Sue & Polly

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Love the photo of Roxi and Maverick :) Looks like everyone had a blast and all played well, apart from Boomer, lol! Great photos.

Two Greyhound Town said...

In my next life, I would like a Dane. Loved the photos!

houndstooth said...

I have always wished I could have a Great Dane, and I think watching one for a few days would be all kinds of fun! It looks like a good time was definitely had by all!

genji said...

Love the big goofy boy greyhounds. Guess it translates to Great Danes too.