Monday, October 13, 2014

Nephews visit

My sister and her two sons live a few hours away and don't visit me often. So it was very cool when they came to visit (mostly to go to Lego Fest here in town..but I was a bonus!).
We took my nephews to a local park in Richmond.
The park has a lot of 'local' wildlife' on display as well as statues of local wildlife.  Boone loved the bears and bald eagles.
 It was a beautiful day and the weather was perfect for a walk in the park.  I was happy that my joints have healed up enough to do this type of things again!
 At one point, we stopped to take a family photo and they took Dixon out of the stroller.  We were all distracted by his cuteness and didn't realize the stroller was bouncing down the hill (empty, thank goodness)
But it was a great opportunity for a little sisterly 'devilishness' to come through so I just photographed her running after the runaway stroller that had NO intention of stopping.
 It was eventually caught and Dixon was placed happily back in his nest.
 All in all it was a great afternoon!  We were having carpeting installed in the house, so they didn't get to come see the fur kids.  But I have a feeling the boys will love Roxi and Cody quite a bit!

3 comments:

Sue said...

So glad you had such a fab time. Boone and Dixon are adorable.

Had to smile at your sister chasing the empty stroller:)

Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

houndstooth said...

It sounds like you guys had a great visit! And I had a good laugh about your picture of your sister chasing the stroller!

genji said...

I bet Roxi and Cody would love to meet them too. Does your sister know you posted that pic of her? :)