Thursday, May 24, 2007

HOLA!!!

We have returned to the USA. Wow, what a great trip. We stayed at the Excellence Riviera in Riviera Maya, Mexico. it was AWESOME!














It was all-inclusive so we drank, ate and sunbathed for 6 days.
































The accomadations were wonderful, drinks were quite strong and the service was impecable. We went snorkeling, parasailing and scuba diving.














Scuba diving was an experience. It was thrilling, scary and hard to do but I had fun doing it. It took a lot of coaxing to get me to actually get under the water breathing through that tube, but I did it. The picture of jason and I together kind of sucked. As you see, Jason was pressing on my regulator hose making the regulator try to wiggle out of my mouth...NOT what you want to happen. I held on as long as I could (nanosecond) and grabbed the regulator thinking he had taken the picture. I was wrong. But oh well..the coral was gorgeous and we got to see moray eels and all sorts of colorful fish. This is the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world (yes, ihatetoast has the king of all barrier reefs).






I took tons of pictures. And if you want to see them all (lots of the resort, us drinking, and more scuba pictures) you can see my album at shutterfly. Now it is back to the grind and back to reality. No one pulling out my chair, bringing me a fruity drink whenever I want or having the biggest decision of the day being which lounge chair to nap in and which fine dining restaurant to dine. It was a rough life. ;-) We are going to a winery festival to support the SPCA on Saturday. That should be fun! Check out my album!

4 comments:

genji said...

Just did a slideshow of your album. Looks like you guys had a great time. I think I need a vacation!

IHateToast said...

looks like everything was as lovely as those cute painted piggies. was that photo from parasailing? how does that work? you look like you're sitting. will have to check the album.

IHateToast said...

okay, so i saw more of the parasailing, but ... how does that work? what are you in?
loved the photos underwater... i'm impressed with how good the color was. you look like you had a wonderful time. glad you're back safe and sound. please continue to have jason point his drinks out. that was funny.

Amanda said...

OMG! Your pictures are fabulous- I am so envious!!! I can't wait to hear all about it! Glad to hear we are still on for the winery on Saturday... I could use a drink (and I am sure you could use a few more after having to be back at work!!). =) Welcome Back!!