Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Beach Bound Hounds 2011


Kristen and I loaded up the car and headed to Beach Bound Hounds again this year.  We both love this event!  We took Stanley, Jaime, Dana and Cali. We spent a lot of time walking on the beach
 And running in the waves..
And of course lounging by the ocean..
We love this event b/c a lot of our friends join us on the beach..

Mitch and Michelle bask beside of us with Pippi, Maggie, Booyah and Cueball.
Dolly shows us how pretty she can be..


Dana catches some rays.
 the weather was pretty good most of the time.  The dogs could be with us on the beach in the morning but it would get hot by mid-day.  Of course, every day around 3PM..it would storm.  And not just a little..This one rolled through quite dramatically!


It slowly covered the beach/ocean..
 

 Until the inevitable occurred..
 But luckily, it only happened for a few hours and then the sun would come back out for our evening activities!  And sometimes with a rainbow!
 Of course, all this activities..wiped the dogs out!!!!  We were dragging them by the last day!
Cali and Stanley snuggle while watching the waves off the balcony
 Even Dana became a 'bed dog' here.  Her old bones were definitely tired!

 There is always a group 'roo' on Sunday morning.  I took this after we had come upstairs so it wasn't the full group.  We were told about 470 dogs were in attendance and 250 people.  If you have never attended this event..we highly recommend!

 And not to be still for too long...I leave for San Diego on Sunday.  Zoo tickets in hand!
And hopefully.....the work on my downstairs bathroom will be complete..b/c this OCD person cannot handle the mess.
Can you see what does NOT belong in this photo?

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Great pics!! We too love this event. ;) I see what doesn't belong and the OCD in me would be going crazy! Have fun at the zoo. :)

Mad Red Hare said...

Oh I want to go to BBH next year! I would love to meet up with some of my blogging buddies!

genji said...

Some nice shots of the storm rolling in. You make it sound like so much fun, I might have to check it out next year :)

Angela said...

I'm so envious of everyone who went to BBH! I'm going to try to make it next year!

houndstooth said...

You mean you don't enjoy having a toilet in your living room? It has to be a great conversation starter! :P

Every year I envy your BBH pictures! I just have to keep reminding myself that I leave for Dewey next week. Your weather sounds awesome, and 3:00 is usually when I need a little down time anyway! lol

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

What an awesome event, 470 Greyhounds in the one place! I'd love to see that. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time:)

Hope the toilet is back where it belongs by now ... I'm assuming you have got another one that works;)

Kalyan Panja said...

Simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

A Husky Life said...

Amazing pictures. My husky loves nothing better than the beach.