Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Faintest ink

"The Faintest ink is better than the best memory"  This was a Chinese proverb quote on Mad Men that made me think of my blog.  It's why I continue it in the day of social media, I will always be able to look back and see my memories good or bad.
A quick Cali update before we head out on vacation (lots of photos will be coming!)

All available chemotherapy agents available for her cancer have been used or ruled out for one reason or another.  Her spleen is not responding.  Nor has it responded to the Monoclonal antibody treatment.  All treatments have been stopped.

Our options are very very limited.  She eats occasionally and definitely has lower energy.  But she still asks for loving and seems to still have her diva ways.  And her bloodwork isn't that bad..relatively speaking.

When we get back from vacation, she will have another non invasive ultrasound to determine if the cancer has spread (and she still has osteo so we have to check in on that too) beyond her spleen.  
If it has..Cancer has won.  If it hasn't...we have an option but it certainly isn't ideal.

But while we are gone, Aunt Nerice and Aunt Kristen will take very good care of her and make sure she eats. 

5 comments:

Sue said...

Keeping everything crossed for Cali and sending positive healing thoughts an hugs (((Cali))).

Have a lovely vacation. Sue, Polly & Honey

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

That quote has made me think about my blog! I've thought of letting it go seeing as I'm more involved in other social media these days but it is still a record of memories :)

Ah Cali, that is not good news :( I really don't know what to say. You are all such fighters. Stay strong, all of you xx

Two Greyhound Town said...

Sending good thoughts.

Angela said...

I like that quote too! Even though I don't blog very often, I still think it's important and I still plan to put it all in a book one day (the last dog blog book I made was in 2011!). Sorry to hear about Cali. Hope you guys have a fabulous vacation (I already know you are!) with lots of relaxation as it sounds like you will have some tough decisions to make soon.

genji said...

Hang in there Cali. I've been a slacker on my blog, and I don't even have a FB or Twitter acct.