Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm Thankful

After visiting my family in the countryside of Southwest Virginia..this blog is dedicated to that which I am thankful..
I am thankful for my family..even through its dysfunctional moments..I am thankful for distractions in the countryI am thankful for those that feel the need to protect the land from said distractions..no matter how silly it may seem..I am thankful my kids aren't particularly 'stealthy' and don't seem to know which direction the aforementioned distraction came from...or went.I am thankful my parents have a mini horse lot so the hounds can play and not be cooped up the whole holiday.I am thankful Henry is not aware he is 10 years old
I am thankful for friends who come visit while I am in town..only to pay more attention to the minis..they are darn cute.
I am thankful that my 'not cat tolerant' hound Dana pretends not to be during the holidaysI am thankful my dogs allow me to do stupid things to them during the holidaysAnd I am thankful Henry not only had a wonderful first road trip..but that he was well receivedAnd even seemed to enjoy playing dishes with my nephew Boone.
And I am thankful to all my blog readers..I look forward to posting entries and I hope you enjoy reading them.
Now..bring on the Christmas cheer b/c Santa is coming to town!

9 comments:

genji said...

It is that time of year. Looks like everyone had a great time in the country. Dogs, horses, cat, and people.

IHeartDogs said...

Very sweet post and I love all the pictures! Looks like everybody had a blast.

Mad Red Hare said...

Great pictures. I especially love the one of the three running! They look so happy.

houndstooth said...

That looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving! You have some lovely pictures!

pineland said...

I am thankful for your blog and love reading it!!

Lin said...

I'm thankful to have you, Jason and the fur kids in my life :)

IHateToast said...

poor dante. he's so patient.

i bet henry had the time of his life. new smells. dirt. more hands. heaven.

i love the photo of your kids being clueless about the direction of the distraction. ha!

thebellagreyhound said...

I am thankful that I can reasd your blog and see what your hounds are up to on the other side of the world!

Life With Dogs said...

We all have so much to be thankful for, and I only wish there were more time to take it all in. Happy holidays! :)